Wednesday, October 19, 2011

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

I have never written a novel. But that doesn't mean I can't try.

I just signed up for National Novel Writing Month (http://www.NaNoWriMo.org).

One time I started writing a novel. I wrote the beginnings on one of those free notebooks that they have on side tables at hotels. I think I kept what I wrote, but I don't know what I ever did with it. I bet the idea was worthy of a best selling novel.

Have you ever taken part in NaNoWriMo? Do you have any advice for writing a novel? My friend Jen (who invited me to take part in this - Thanks) gave me the advice to don't edit, rewrite, or criticize until the month is over.

I think this could be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a number of bloggers are doing it, and though I'm not participating, I'm voyeuring in on those that are.

How's this project going?

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

So how's it going?
This is my first year as well. I finished my first story at 17k words on day 4. LOL! So I just started another one. Clearly I thought this out REALLY well :)

Unknown said...

I regretfully announce that I am not a winner of my first NaNoWriMo. I started two stories. Neither one is finished and I don't really know where they are going. For 50,000 words I really need a better plan.